Thursday, April 10, 2008

To the Market with Chantha

Today i had the pleasure of meeting Chantha. She is the lovely house-keeper of Erycha and Maria's flat. I got to go to the market with her to buy lunch ingredients and then she gave me a cooking lesson and khmer lesson in one! We had a lot of fun, laughed a lot. She loves her job so much and was thrilled to include me this morning.
In telling her that I love her country, she asked me if I had been to Tuol Sleng (see previous blog) and then told me that her father's picture is there. Wow. And her mother disappeared as well during this time. I'm at a loss for words.

1 Comments:

Blogger vanderherberg@gmail.com said...

You sure do look pretty Andrea. I think I might have to come on down there. Tell Erycha, Maria and Chantha that I say hello.

Michael (your husband)

April 10, 2008 3:42 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home