Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Andrea in Asia!


On Monday I went to an orphanage with Maria called "Happy tree Children's Home... Man, those trees were happy! It was located on a hospital compound and had 90 kids, all of which are HIV positive. They all had to line up for lunch and I tried to sneak in.. Quite hard to do.


Today (tuesday) Erycha took me to the some villages about an hour from Phnom Penh and we were able to go with the Asian Outreach Village Field staff on home visits. Erycha took a lot of great pictures and I watched her take them... she did give me permission to post them, however.
It has been such a pleasure to be here - with Erycha and Maria, seeing what they do and getting to see Cambodia from such an inside perspective. It is such a beautiful country - hot, busy, lots of motos, and such warm people.

Michael, can you let me know how to post pictures like you do...?
I'll try to keep ya'll posted!
Andrea

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrea
Wow-it sounds like you are having an amazing experience there. Enjoy! You are in my thoughts and prayers. Love Mel

April 08, 2008 12:32 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Andrea, glad you're having so much fun. Don't worry we're taking good care of Michael while you're gone. I even let him win at poker to combat the "I miss my beautiful wife!"ness that he is presently experiencing. Say hi to Erycha for me as well. You're awesome.
-Carlo-

April 08, 2008 1:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home