Friday, November 02, 2007

Kids


This one made us happy to see. Kids with their arms around eachother walking to or from school. It was a bit of espionage work taking this photo as I took it while walking and holding at waist level, so I don't think anybody noticed. Maybe the lady in the red bandana but I think she was cool with it.
You will often see two men holding hands walking down the street talking to eachother about something that they laught about. And girls hold hands as well. Not too many couples, other than the foreigners who don't want to lose eachother in the crowd.
Maybe I'll take this up when I get home. Dave? Christian? Mike? Carlo? Anyone? Or maybe not.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fungineer said...

When I was in China it was not uncommon to see two guys sitting next to each other, one with his arm around the other guys shoulder as a sign of friendship. It was also not uncommon for the guy to touch/play with the other guys ear at the same time. Different cultures, different customs.
Here, a good solid punch to the upper arm/shoulder is often a sign of friendship. Or a well placed toss of some object into the groindage of another. How strange indeed.

November 02, 2007 12:17 p.m.  
Blogger vanderherberg@gmail.com said...

I'll hold your hand Dave. Don't worry.

November 05, 2007 4:13 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home