Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Kenya, Tanzania, Malawia, Zambia, Zimbabwe, DRC and the Netherlands

OK, here we go.

We're leaving today for East Africa and Nairobi specifically. Andrea and I are apprehensive, nervous and super excited about our upcoming trip. We hope to update this blog often enough to let everyone know that we are still OK, what we're up to and how you can think about/pray for us back home. I guess to begin, please pray that we'll enjoy the flights, and that are time in Kenya is safe. We'll be staying with a UN rep in Nairobi who is a friend of Andrea's grandfather, Gerald VanderWillik. We anticipate meeting Michael Otieno, the young man that Andrea has sponsored through Compassion Canada for the past decade. Those are the first two stops with the possibility of meeting up with James Kirkland while we are there. I'm writing this so I'll take the chance to say how much I admire Andrea and how involved she has become in the planning of this trip. I am so honoured to have found a partner to travel the world with and love so much.

We'll see you all in a couple months,

Michael (and Andrea)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home